Thursday, November 19, 2020

Spotting your homie in Thrasher Magazine

 

I can't remember what issue of Thrasher this came out of but I do remember saying to myself, "Hey!, Tomas Atwood?!? That dude was my neighbor!"Tomas Atwood now makes a living as a professional artist in Eureka, California and his art is very well recognized in the region. I'm personally proud of this guy's accomplishments as an artist. When I was a kid the skate crew was always on my street(South Gold St. Yreka, CA) and Tomas lived across from me in a duplex and The person on the other side of the duplex was a raging psycho that was always screaming at her kids. I swear, this bitch would disturb the entire neighborhood with her yelling. That neighborhood sure had its moments. I remember I must have been about 9 years old and I'm in my front yard in my lemonade stand on the corner of South Street and Gold Street  and this Cadillac comes barreling down the street, hits the corner and a kid jumped out of the back seemingly running for his life. The postman dropped his One time I went over to Tomas' garage sale and bought a bunch of old Sega video games and books from him. One of those books contained an original sketch by him that I still own to this day and I'm holding onto it until it's worth millions. I'm still friends with Tomas and he publishes his art under an Asian moniker much like myself, Yomama Sukkake. If you 're from the Humboldt area, you already know. 
Tomas Atwood UZI Guy Sketch 1993





No comments:

Post a Comment