Friday, October 23, 2015

Yo...

I'm starting this blog because I'm sitting on a load of 1990's skateboard nostalgia from my adolescent years and I feel it should be shared with anyone looking for a part of their childhood that can't be found anywhere else on the net. I have old magazines, videos, catalogs, etc, that probably haven't seen the light of day since Bill Clinton was putting cigars in interns vaginas. Although I don't actively skateboard anymore since I'm well into my thirties and have found other outlets of self-expression that don't require health insurance, I still have a love for the culture that will be with me forever. Skateboarding has changed a lot since I was a kid. Gone are the days of of the image of the rebel on four wheels terrorizing urban pedestrians on sidewalks while channeling the spirit of Sid Vicious. Today, skateboarders are open to the commercialization of the sport and selling-out has become the norm and is expected. Kind of like what's happened to Hip Hop. Exactly what's happened to Hip Hop, actually. I hope this blog reaches the younger generation of skaters looking to understand and respect the culture in a genuine way, as well as those looking to reconnect with the Silver Age of skateboarding that they love and miss.

 Enjoy.


 -Nathaniel "Frizzo" Haselton

  Nate Haselton

2 comments:

  1. Yo thank you so much for posting the old ccs catalogs, I remember these issues like it was yesterday. Stole the one from 97 from my friends older brother in the 3rd grade. Holy shit what a trip down memory lane!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soy de Chile . y desde aquí te soy las gracias. Concuerdo contigo en que el skate más LINDO fue desde 1990 hasta 1999. Saludos hermano cuidate

    ReplyDelete